Water Beads Sachet (10g dry beads)
Water beads are non-toxic and biodegradable. They are a fantastic alternative to sand in a sandtray, or as an additional sensory experience to present along side a sand tray. Sand and water beads can even be used together – SHOCK, HORROR – because water beads can always be rinsed off and reused.
Instructions: Pour contents of the entire sachet into a large bowl and soak in 1.5 litres of water over night (about 8 hours). Use a spaghetti strainer to drain off the extra water and your water beads are ready for play.
One sachet will fill a medium sized container. You might find that expanding half the sachet with half the amount of water will provide enough beads for your play, allowing you to keep the other half of the sachet for later! As you play with the beads they may get crushed – an occasional clear out of the broken beads and rinse off will make play with the beads even more enjoyable.
Warning: Dry beads can swell in stomach if swallowed AND expanded beads can be a choking hazard. Supervise play with these items at all times.